Rollout let's you patch live native iOS apps. When creating a patch, you first choose the method you want to patch, and then have two options on how to modify the functionality or logic of that method:
Template based patches have fixed options as to what you can modify in a method such as replacing input arguments or return values.
Template Based Patches
Template based patches have fixed options as to what you can modify in a method. These options are:
- Replace input arguments
- Show an alert box to the user before the method executes
- Create an analytics event before the method executes
- Disable invocation of the method
- Surround the method with a try/catch
- Replace return value(s)
- Force running from main thread
Furthermore you can conditionally execute the patch based on method input values or device data.
Here is an example of a Template based patch:
Example Template Patch