The uniqueness of Rollout's approach is in its easy-to-use, developer-oriented interface, which relies on static typing and development processes.
Rollout detects feature flags and configuration settings for your application at application runtime. The general process is as follows:
- Define a set of feature flag objects in your application code. These should be instances of Rox objects, such as a RoxVariant or RoxFlag
- Register your application with the Rollout dashboard, and add the App Key to your application's code base
- Run your application
And that's it! Rollout will automatically detect your feature flags and persist them to the Rollout platform. You can then update your feature flags using our easy-to-use GUI, allowing you to quickly enable and disable features in your application.
The Rollout documentation has a lot of information spread across several articles. Here's a recommended order in which to read this documentation, which should match your experience managing features with Rollout:
- Create your application
- Learn how to install your SDK on different platforms.
- Working with Feature Flags
- Create a target group of users based on custom attributes that you define.
- Update application configuration values
- Creating Experiments
- Select an Audience